Monday, April 28, 2008

Naranja Chicken

This is from Scott's *beloved* Savor the Flavor of Oregon cookbook.

4 chicken breasts
1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (I've always used Minute Maid)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
10 thin slices fresh ginger root (I grate a healthy amount on my Pampered Chef micrograter)
3 stalks celery, sliced in small pieces (I always omit; I almost never have celery on hand)
2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with 1/2 cup water

Arrange chicken in a single layer in a large shallow baking dish. Mix orange juice, soy sauce and brown sugar; pour over chicken. Sprinkle ginger root and celery around chicken. Bake in preheated 350* oven for 50 minutes. Remove chicken and stir cornstarch mixture into pan juices. Return chicken to baking dish and bake an additional 10 minutes until sauce thickens and chicken is tender when pierced.

1 comment:

Liz said...

This uses ingredients I have on hand and looks great for spring/summer fare. Thank you for sharing.